OWI Attorney for Grand Rapids, MI

If you’ve been charged with an OWI (operating while intoxicated), you may wonder what the near future will look like. While facing this uncertainty, you may also feel stress and worry. Mark Caldwell Attorney At Law is an OWI lawyer in Grand Rapids, MI, who wants to help you face this situation by taking it one step at a time. Together, we can address this uncertainty and advocate for a more favorable outcome.

What an OWI Attorney Can Do for You

Your attorney will provide specialized and aggressive litigation on your behalf. When you hire an OWI attorney, you are hiring an advocate who will guide you through the complex legal system, focus on your needs, and help you get the best results possible for your case. Mark Caldwell Attorney At Law is experienced in litigating OWI cases and his experience will benefit your outcome.

What an OWI Means in Michigan

The severity of an OWI charge in Michigan will vary depending on a few factors such as if it is your first, second, or third offense and how high your blood alcohol content (BAC) is. Here is a brief description of what you can expect from an OWI offense.

For a first offense, you can expect one or more of the following sentences:

  • No more than 93 days in jail
  • A fine of $100–$500
  • No more than 360 hours of community service
  • 30-day license suspension and 150-day restrictions

If you are being charged with a second offense (within seven years of your first offense), some of your sentence options could be:

  • A fine of $200–$1,000
  • Community service (30–90 days)
  • Jail time (five days to one year)
  • License denial for one year

For a third offense within ten years, the penalties include:

  • A fine of $500–$5,000
  • 30 days to one year probation in jail
  • 60–180 community service days
  • License denial for one year (minimum)

This list is not comprehensive, so be sure to look at our DUI/OWI page for more information. For an OWI Lawyer in the Grand Rapids, MI, area, call Mark Caldwell Attorney At Law at (616) 915-6576.